May 6, 2021
We are all unique beings with
unique skills and talents. At some point in your journey through
life, someone might have urged you to “find your spark.” But what
does this truly mean? Some discover their path early in their
lives, while others continue to search in vain. We even doubt
ourselves without realizing only we steer our lives. So create what
you want to create — and that goes the same with our life
In this episode, Alisa talks
about her journey toward becoming a Vision Producer. She delves
into the story behind finding her spark and eliminating her
“shoulds.” She also shares the meaning behind her company's name,
The Happy Cactus, and what entrepreneurs can take away from
If you want to know how you can
find your spark, then this episode is for you.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to this
- Discover what being a vision producer is all
- Find out how getting stuck in the land of
shoulds hinders your journey as an entrepreneur.
- Learn the idea behind being a happy
[00:52] The Impact of the Pandemic
- The pandemic has highlighted what is important
- The important answers Alisa got in her
conversations are spending time with family, making their home
nice, and making sure their time is well-spent.
- People who have gotten the "entrepreneurship
itch" have realized this is an excellent time to start a
- It's a podcast all about entrepreneurship by
Alisa's friend, Geraldina. Geraldina has a photo booth business in
Florida and has an educational background.
- Geraldina asked the question, “What’s your
spark?” to prepare for her interview.
[02:13] Find Your Spark
Alisa: “When I
think about the word ‘spark,’ I think about what lights me
- As a Vision Producer, Alisa’s job is all about
helping people find their spark and do something with
- More than the discovery process, her job is
- If you want to eliminate your "shoulds", then
you need to get super clear on what you want and what's important
- What’s important to you? Find your
[03:41] Her Job as a Vision Producer
Alisa: “If your
brain feels like spaghetti, I'm the person that's gonna come and
help you take all of your ideas noodle by noodle, and help either
separate them or bring them all together.”
- Alisa is a vision producer at The Happy Cactus,
helping women untangle ideas they have in their heads.
- People who have big visions often think they
have too many, and nothing connects. However, many times,
everything connects because of who we are.
[04:26] Alisa’s Background
- About a year ago, she was in the corporate
world and had been working in executive coaching for almost ten
- She knew she wanted to be in that world and
move up the ranks and eventually become an executive herself. But
then, she started getting bored.
- She didn't want to become a full-time executive
coach because there are a lot more things she wanted to
- Working with her coach, she started
rediscovering things she loved doing in her career. She discovered
it was working with visionary people.
[05:26] Alisa’s Journey Toward Becoming a Visionary
- Tune in to the full episode to find out about
Alisa’s first visionary jobs!
- Throughout her career, she realized that she
could help put pieces together for visionary people to make things
- Her coach compared this to being a producer,
which birthed the title, Vision Producer.
- Here, she brings back her marketing savvy from
her corporate experience and thinks above the surface for visionary
women. She helps them see the bigger picture.
- She uses all of her skills in her job to create
her path and career.
- In the future, she would like to have her
vision production agency and create other vision
[07:24] The Land of Shoulds
are a lot of shoulds that have stopped me along the
- She always had identity crises because she
realized her identity is not about following a specific
- Once she realized that she creates her journey,
it gave her permission to continue to create as an
- For her, entrepreneurship was not a big vision
or choice. It was a realization of who she is.
- After getting laid off from her corporate job,
she got to the point where she had to make it happen for
[08:32] The Happy Cactus
- Her company's name is The Happy Cactus because
when she was stuck in her "shoulds," she thought about her cute
bunny ear cactus.
- She owns one that she adored and wanted to post
on Instagram. But as months went by, it started growing weird and
sometimes ugly ears.
- One day, while looking outside her patio
window, she saw the cactus out there taking all the sun. It’s
growing weird ears whenever and however it wants.
- She realized that the cactus was happy doing
what it wanted. And she wanted to be like that happy cactus,
growing where she wants to grow and doing things her
- She named her company Happy Cactus as a
reminder that there is no path she’s following as an entrepreneur.
She’s creating her path as she goes.
Alisa: “I was
looking outside my patio window and I saw it (Alisa’s bunny cactus)
out there in the sun taking it all and growing weird ears whenever
it wanted, however it wanted and I thought, you know what? That
cactus is so happy. I want to be like that happy
[10:02] Her Spark
- The idea of The Happy Cactus: you can be you,
and being you is okay.
- Her spark is knowing that she can create what
she wants to create.
- Everyone can be a happy cactus.
- Whenever you feel like the weight of the world
is on you, remember that if you find your spark, you can create
your own life and be happy.
Enjoyed this Episode?
If you did, make sure to
subscribe and share it with your friends!
Leave a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning in to the show, then
don't forget to leave us a review. You can also share this with
your friends. Find your spark, and help others create the life of
their dreams and find their own spark!
Have any questions? If you have questions for Michael or Alisa (or
both of us), please submit them for “Serious Fam Q&A” at
For more episode updates, visit
website. You may also
tune in on Apple Podcasts,
Stitcher, or Spotify.